Think Tokyo, think high rise… But look carefully and you find hidden between the neon clad office towers wonderfully quaint neighborhoods with charming small streets and a surprising variety of one-of-kind shops and eateries where products are crafted with great pride, passion and attention for detail. You’ll find specialist stationary, exquisite pottery, soft leather satchels, cool urban bikes, micro brewed beers and contemporary cocktails! And best of all …. this can all be easily enjoyed on foot. blessed with cool climate, wide pavements, polite drivers and friendly people make this a fantastic city to get lost in!
My Tokyo highlights:
- iDrink . Gen Yamamoto in Azabu-Juban . Experimental cocktails in an exclusive 8th seat Japanese tea house setting
- iSurprise . Nezu museum in Omotesando . stunning building lovely garden and beautiful Buddha collection
- iEat . step back in time! The backstreets behind the Shibuya train station are home to traditional izakaya. tiny establishments that seat a max of 4 people and where the proprietor will proudly serve you a perfect draught beer or perfect whiskey and a seasonal selection of snacks prepared for you on the spot
- iSee . Yoyogi Park . stunning landscaping, serene temples and Lolita girls on sundays at the Harajuka entrance
- iShop . large 70’s red brick building opposite Omotesando Hills Complex that houses 4 floors of one-of-a-kind shop from antique collectors to bespoke leather bags